It’s only natural that teamwork and sportsmanship be as integral to Antilles on our courts and across our playing field as they are within our classrooms.
At Antilles, we recognize that part of a healthy childhood is the opportunity to learn, grow, and mature through structured play and intentional physical activity. At all grade levels, our physical education teachers and coaches provide positive experiences that result in a lifelong appreciation for sports and physical exercise, and a deep understanding and respect for teamwork and good sportsmanship.
Antilles' Athletic Department offers students a distinctive program that is based in character education, and respectful of developmental needs at every stage.
- Antilles students enjoy access to excellent indoor and outdoor facilities that extend more than 35 acres and include the 21,000 square-foot Mark C. Marin Center and Fishman Family Field.
- From the Toddler Program through second grade, students are actively involved in games and drills designed to develop and strengthen fundamental motor skills.
- Through intramural sports, Grades 3-5 begin to focus on developing specific athletic skills, a healthy spirit of competition, and a working knowledge of the strategies involved in sports such as soccer, basketball, volleyball, softball, and cross country.
- Grades 5-6 continue their intramural programs in the winter sports of basketball and volleyball. In the fall and spring, they test their skills through interscholastic competition in soccer and cross country.
- Our Grade 7-8 program offers students a complete experience in all sports, and includes a health component that teaches everything from nutritional development to social skills, like empathy.
- Throughout, we consciously teach character as well as competition, teamwork as well as technique, and responsibility as well as rebounding. Our Physical Education and Athletics Program is about so much more than the fitness of our students or the quality of our athletes - it is a critical part of our emphasis on character development, and a demonstration of our core values in action.