Posted 09/18/2020 07:53PM
The accolades just keep piling up for Kacen Callender '07 – and, for good reason. At 30, this young author has accomplished more than many seasoned writers double their age. Wednesday alone, the New Yorker Magazine published an article announcing that Callender's novel, King and the Dragonflies, is on the longlist for this year's National Book Award for Young People's Literature that depict children making sense of death and the afterlife.
Posted 08/24/2020 01:55PM
When Middle School Science teacher Jeannine Wilson received an email from the National Science Teaching Association highlighting the "I Am A Scientist" Initiative sponsored by Harvard University, she knew that this was something worth sharing in the classroom. Read more...
Posted 08/24/2020 01:54PM
The second grade is doing an author study on Kevin Henkes, winner of the 2020 Children's Literature Legacy Award honoring an author or illustrator. Read more...
Posted 08/10/2020 01:00PM
What a wonderful first week of school! Around campus and over Zoom, it was a joy to see our students engaging with faculty and with each other, while also being respectful of our health and safety protocols. Here are a few things we spotted this week:
- WedSep30 Theatre Showcase- Prior Jollek Hall 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- SatOct03 Founders' Day, 70th Anniversary Celebration 6:00 PM to 8:00 PMClick for Zoom Link
- MonOct12 VI/Puerto Rico Friendship Day, No School (School Offices Closed)
- MonOct19 Student Conferences, No school for students
- FriNov13 Musical Opening Night- Prior Jollek Hall