Posted 02/21/2020 06:08PM
Congratulations to Divyesh Gurnani '20, who was recognized this week as a finalist in the National Merit Scholarship Competition! If you've met Divyesh, you know that his first love is basketball - so in honor of our Hurricane's guard (and captain), we wanted to share a few of the "stats" on his scorecard. Read more here...
Posted 02/20/2020 11:38PM
In preparation for this year's Black History Month Fair, Middle and Upper School art teacher Diane Holmberg has turned her classrooms into production studios that have given students the chance to explore African-American tradition, identity themes, and symbolism.
Posted 10/10/2019 10:57AM
Google has its own team of "doodlers" making its homepage designs, but every year, a student drawing is featured, putting the spotlight on communities across the nation. In determining the winner, Google pulls from entries into its "Doodle for Google" contest, and even though students from the US Virgin Islands aren't eligible to participate, our seventh graders this week still decided to give it a go, creating doodles that spoke to the significance of VI-Puerto Rico Friendship Day and the bond between the two island nations. Read more...
Posted 09/19/2019 07:00AM
Removing boundaries and bringing joy to the creation process is pretty important, say Lower School/Upper School art teacher Jamie Hartzell and Early Learning Center art teacher Leslie Penther. Sure, learning the concepts means you have to play by some rules - but one of them isn't having to make something that may be considered conventionally beautiful. Read more...
- TueFeb25 Coffee with the Counselor- 8th Grade Parents 8:00 AM to 9:00 AMLS Library
- TueFeb25 Senior Citizen Serenade, Grades 3 - 5 11:00 AM to 12:00 PMLS Auditorium
- ThuFeb27 7th grade Field Trip to the annual Folklife Festival 8:00 AM to 3:00 PMSt. John
- ThuFeb27 Parent Education Series- Book Discussion "How to Raise an Adult", by Julie Lythcott-Haims 7:00 PM to 8:30 PMHead of School's Office
- FriFeb28 MS/US Theatre Performance: One Act Plays 7:00 PM to 9:00 PMPJ Hall