Board of Trustees
Antilles is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), and the Board adheres to NAIS Principles for Trustees. Our primary function is to safeguard the School’s mission; exercise fiduciary responsibility; and provide support and oversight to the Head of School. Board terms are three years in duration, and can be renewed for three terms, at which point a one-year break is mandatory. There are currently four standing Board committees (Finance & Investment, Trustee, Advancement, & Regulatory).
There are eleven trustees on the Antilles Board for the 2021-2022 school year inclusive of finance and investment specialists, health and wellness experts, non-profit leaders and business owners. Three are native Virgin Islanders, two are Antilles alum, four are parents of current students, and five are parents of former students. Nine of the trustees are resident in St. Thomas, and two are resident stateside.
- Claire Starkey, President (P '09, '21)
- Sarah Loewenstein, Vice President/Trustee Chair (P '24, '27)
- Beverly Petrus, Secretary (P '12, '27)
- Mike Allietta, Treasurer/Finance & Investment Chair
- Carol Baker-Robinson (P '18, '22)
- Dr. Marilyn Brathwaite-Hall, (P '11, '09-12)
- Richard Doumeng '74 (P '09)
- Dr. Cecilia Penn (P '22, '24)
- Annalise Setorie, Advancement Chair ('06)
- Celso Vargas, Regulatory Chair (P '24)
- Kevin Williams, P'12, P'18